The College Board selects St. Augustine Preparatory School to be an AP Capstone School
St. Augustine joins a select group of schools (15 in Latin America) that offer the AP Capstone Program.
This innovative program enables students to:
- Develop research, collaboration, and communication skills
- Study topics that interest them
- Stand out in their college applications
- Consider an issue from multiple perspectives, identify credible sources, evaluate strengths and weaknesses of arguments, and make logical, evidence-based recommendations
- Explore various research methods and complete an independent research project
Four more APs with scores of 3 or more.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR CSA?
Becoming an AP Capstone School is another way in which CSA showcases its academic rigor to colleges.
This initiative will strengthen the school’s focus on higher thinking, research & exploration.
- 3 teachers will receive AP Capstone training
- the creation of a required 9th grade research class